- Read two books on investing. I've read several books on personal finance, but none that specifically talked about investing. I am a big reader, but I'll take a break from my normal reading choices (Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell was the most recent) and read about something I want to learn more about.
- Apply for passport. I plan to travel international in 2010, so since my minor passport expired, I have to get a new one. I'd rather go through this process well before I actually travel to avoid stress and having to pay a rush processing fee.
- Start contributing to my travel fund again. I'd like to travel more in general and I have specific places I'd like to travel to next year, so I need to start consistently setting money aside. For the past several months, the only savings fund I've been contributing to has been my emergency fund, and forgoing other saving goals, but I'll start setting aside money again for my vacation fund.
- Go to the gym twice a week. If I don't go to the gym more frequently, I'll be forced to cancel my membership because it makes no sense to pay a monthly fee when I go sporadically as I do now.
- One month shopping moratorium for July. I've been a little lax with monitoring my shopping purchases in June. So, to get myself back on track, I won't be making clothing purchases for the month of July.
- Talk to my graduate school advisor. This fall, I will be about mid-way through the course work for my graduate program. It's time to plot my classes for my remaining semesters so I can figure out when I can anticipate my graduation date.
For some reason, it's harder for me to stick to personal goals during the summer months. I guess it's my minor rebellion for no longer getting long summer vacations. But with a little more effort, I feel confident that I can make progress on my goals for this month.