Monday, November 22, 2010

Being Thankful



Thanksgiving is only a couple days away (where did this year go…)! In an effort to bring the year to a close on a positive note, I’d like to outline the things I’m grateful for this Thanksgiving:

  • My health.
  • My loving family and supportive friends.
  • Being gainfully employed with great benefits.
  • Slowly building my savings and retirement funds.
  • Being weeks from completing my Master’s degree (whoop!).
  • Living in a part of the city that I love in an awesome apartment.
  • Being relatively young and having fun milestones to look forward to personally and professionally.
  • Having been able to afford to travel for pleasure this year.
  • I could go on, but I'll stop here.
I don’t often take the time to think about how many things I really have to be thankful for, so I plan to do this more often in the future. In general, I think it’s so easy to get caught up with focusing on what we don’t have and goals that haven't met instead of focusing on the considerable abundance many of us have in our lives. Life isn't perfect and things don't always work out as planned, but that's what makes it interesting!

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

0 comments: