- Choose holiday gifts for my immediate family. I have a self imposed budget of $150 for gifts this year. I will load a Visa gift card with this amount and once its gone, I'm done shopping. This amount does not include my mother's gift which is also a very belated birthday present, so will be pricer than every other gift I purchase. I'm open to any home made gift ideas any one might have!
- Purchase holiday cards for friends and family members and mail them.
- Register for Winter/Spring 2009 grad school classes after talking with my advisor. Price textbooks which will be purchased in December.
- Put in request for any time I will need off from work for the rest of the year.
- Go to the gym a minimum of once a week. There are a few classes I want to try out including this dance inspired workout called Zumba.
- Attend a minimum of one professional or networking event. Meet a minumum of at least three people at any event I attend and keep in touch with them (via email).
- Formally ask at least one person I admire professionally to mentor me. Set up expectations both ways so this can be a mutually beneficial relationship.
Monday, November 10, 2008
The month of October flew by, It is hard to believe its over. I know its 10 days into the month, but now is the time to set my goals for the month: