Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Unexpected windfalls are fantastic!

My week was brightened unexpectedly by notice from my organization that we would be receiving bonus checks in thanks for the entire office's hard work! I know how easy it would be for me to go out and spend this money, but I've already decided that I'm going to save the whole thing. Half of my bonus will go to my emergency fund and the other half will go to my travel fund which is basically non-existent at the moment.

This lovely windfall makes the goal of paying for airfare for my international birthday trip (in March 2010) in the early fall more attainable. It would be great if I could start a tradition of going on one nice trip annually to some place I've never been. I think with proper planning (or saving to be specific), it's possible.

1 comments:

Lucy said...

Yay for bonuses!