Friday, January 22, 2010

First Trip of the Year: Paid For and Planned

I planned and paid for my first trip of 2010: a cruise in February to the Caribbean with my family. The trip is actually a birthday cruise and I'm excited about it because I've never been on a cruise before! I waited until the last minute to pay for this trip because I didn't think I'd get my passport in time, but since I did, I bit the bullet and decided that I should go. The cost of the cruise package would have been less if I'd paid during the early-bird rate, but I can live with that. So far, I've paid for:

Roundtrip flight to port: $160
Cruise package: $550


Being the lover of clothes that I am, I'm already set for clothing for this trip : ) But I'm still debating on whether I will pay to get my hair done in some type of style that requires minimal work during the cruise, or just do it myself. I also haven't determined how much money I'll allot myself for spending for the duration of the cruise. It probably won't be much since I don't have to pay for food during the trip and I'm not really big on buying souvenirs on vacation. This trip depleted my travel fund, so I have to replenish it to pay for a my travel plans for the rest of the year. I have started paying for my next 'big trip' of 2010 this spring and still have my heart set on going to Europe or Africa during the fall, but we'll see.

1 comments:

MoneyMaus said...

Yay!! Have fun! This sounds like a blast :)