- Choose holiday gifts for my immediate family. I have a self imposed budget of $150 for gifts this year. I will load a Visa gift card with this amount and once its gone, I'm done shopping. This amount does not include my mother's gift which is also a very belated birthday present, so will be pricer than every other gift I purchase. I'm open to any home made gift ideas any one might have! –FAIL - I just didn’t have time to do this, I will just have to admit I am a procrastinator when it comes to Christmas shopping and do it at the last minute like I always do.
- Purchase holiday cards for friends and family members and mail them. –FAIL – I plan to start sending out cards this weekend. But this may be the last year I do this. People appreciate the thought, but it wastes paper and postage is very expensive.
- Register for Winter/Spring 2009 grad school classes after talking with my advisor. Price textbooks which will be purchased in December. – PASS – I did register. I need to talk to my advisor again though and make sure the class I want to take in the second session of the semester has no prerequsute I need to take during the first session.
- Put in request for any time I will need off from work for the rest of the year. – HALF WAY – I put in my time for the Thanksgiving holiday, but I still have to see how many days I have left for the year. I’d like to take the time off between Christmas and New Year’s if I have enough vacation/personal days.
- Go to the gym a minimum of once a week. There are a few classes I want to try out including this dance inspired workout called Zumba. – FAIL – But progress, I did go to the gym this month, but not every week and I still want to take a ZUMBA class.
- Attend a minimum of one professional or networking event. Meet a minumum of at least three people at any event I attend and keep in touch with them (via email). - PASS
- Formally ask at least one person I admire professionally to mentor me. Set up expectations both ways so this can be a mutually beneficial relationship. – FAIL, I have someone in mind, but I still have to formally ask, this will be a January goal.
Here are my December Goals, they are not as ambitious as my November goals. I want to feel a sense of accomplishment at ticking every goal off at least onece before the year ends:
- Choose and purchase holiday gifts for my immediate family with budget of $150 for gifts.
- Purchase and mail holidays cards.
- Take at least one yoga, dance and spin class this month at the gym.
- Set savings and debt repayment goals for 2009. My main focus for the first part of the year is paying down my Visa card and adding more to savings, but I have to set a deadline for myself. I did make my last payment for my Discover card this week! The balance was orginally over $1,000. But the large balance on my Visa card negates that accomplishment in my mind...
- Decide when I will visit my father and stepmother in Florida in early 2009. Put in vacation request at work, If funds allow, purchase airfare.
- Come up with definitive plan for a trip to take in 2009 in celebration of my 25th birthday…yikes!
I have many goals in mind (financial and personal) for 2009, but I'll wait until I formulate them to do a post on them.