Saturday, December 12, 2009

Slightly Belated December Goals

We're almost mid-way through the month so my monthly goals are a bit late, but better late than never:

  1. Complete my Christmas shopping and stay under budget. I haven't even started my shopping yet, but that doesn't faze me because I know for the most part what gifts I plan to purchase.
  2. Read at least one book about positive thinking and one book about investing. Since my fall semester has just ended, I don't have to feel guilty for reading for pleasure for a few weeks. I already have a Norman Vincent Peale book I'd like to read and I'll go to my local library to check out a book on investing. Some suggestions on good introductory books on investing would be appreciated!
  3. Take at least one dance or yoga class. I found my ancient tap shoes from high school and replaced my ballet shoes. I haven't taken either a ballet or tap class for about seven years which is far too long. But almost a decade of childhood dance training should come back to me right? I've also been meaning to try a yoga class.
  4. Set savings, debt repayment, investing goals for 2010. I want to refocus on my finances in 2010 and setting some reasonable but challenging goals for myself on the front is a step in the right direction. Like most people, a new year signifies a fresh start for me and I'm looking forward to it.

So how did I do on my November goals?

  1. Blog more regularly - FAIL. I've still got to work on this one. But I've got several ideas for the remainder of the year for this blog and my other one.
  2. Exercise 3 times per week - 1/2 PASS. I exercised somewhat but not 3 times per week as I planned. With my fall classes being over now, I hope to get back on track with exercising.
  3. Cook at least one new dish and one baked good - PASS. I made an Apple Crisp and Chicken Fried rice. The fried rice wasn't vegetarian like I originally intended, but I'm okay with that.
  4. Contribute to holiday gift fund - PASS. I haven't actually started shopping yet, but I set aside the planned amount of $200 to purchase my gifts.
  5. Learn some Photoshop basics - FAIL. I looked up some tutorials online, but didn't actually play around with Photoshop as I intended.
  6. Limit extraneous spending - PASS. I didn't partake in the November sales during Black Friday/Cyber Monday. But I did buy some household items though. I could do much better, but it's a start in the right direction.
  7. Finalize my Spring semester schedule - PASS. I registered for classes and there were approved. I'm pretty sure I won't change my schedule again.

1 comments:

me in millions said...

Do yoga! It's amazing!!!!