Friday, November 13, 2009

No Shopping for Me, Even In my Dreams...

For whatever reason, I don't normally remember my dreams these days, or I remember only fragments. So imagine my suprise that I remember vividly dreaming last night that I went on a shopping excursion to the Buffalo Exchange in my hometown and wouldn't even allow myself to shop in my dream! I wandered around the entire store and didn't buy a thing. I even took some clothes in to trade but ended up just getting the cash value for my items instead. This is strange for me because I love this store! It's no Beacon’s Closet , but it's convenient to visit on my trips home. I guess my resolve to cut out the unnecessary spending has leaked over into my subconscious also. Weird.

4 comments:

me in millions said...

That's kind of hilarious. I guess the no shopping thing is on your mind a lot?

Nsoromma...Child of the Heavens said...

I wish my subconscious was in sync with my plans like this! Wow! Usually, it is my saboteur

Lady Dove aka Pheralyn Dove said...

Wow, what remarkable resolve! Wish I had your no shopping
discipline....great dreaming and thanks for the inspiration for all of us to stay on budget.

sfordinarygirl said...

Funny that even in your dreams you're not shopping! I was in NYC/Boston and ended up buying only a pair of tights (mustard color) and returned a pair of boots I bought.

Glad to hear about your discipline. It's tough and I'm at times tormented by all the pretty clothes I would love but trying to make do with what I have and swap with others. Better for my pocketbook and conscious!