Friday, January 23, 2009

Blocking Out the Chill

My electric bill has slowly been creeping up as the cold weather came to the Mid-Atlantic region at the beginning of the year. I decided that it is such a pain to budget when you don’t know what your utility bill is each month that I would call the electric company (called Pepco here in DC) to get on a budget plan. With the budget plan, Pepco averages out how much I pay over the course of the year and comes up with a flat rate that I will pay each month. This will definitely help me to not go over that spending area in my budget. I also did something that I should have done weeks ago to cut down the chill in my drafty apartment, I covered my windows with plastic and can definitely tell the difference. I can go just about the whole summer without turning on the air conditioner except for when I have company, but I can’t stand being cold in the winter.

2 comments:

Eve said...

can you really tell the difference with the plastic.. i am thinking about doing that

Grace, Money Smart Fashion said...

big style chick,

I came across your blog, and it looks like we are on the same quest for fashion and financial bliss.

Its good to know that I'm not the only one in the Baltimore/D.C. area.

Happy Shopping, er, Saving!

- Loo Loo