Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year, New Resolve

I have never been one to think that you have to wait until the beginning of the year to make a resolution to change something, but the fresh start that a new year offers is always a good incentive to make positive action toward your goals. I've listed my main goals/resolutions on this blog and have a few others still floating around that I need to flesh out. On the first of this new year, I've started tracking my daily spending again. I always manage to do well at the start of the month with this and then fall off by the end of the month. But I will keep it up this time and really see where my money goes. I have already mentioned that I will not be purchasing any clothing items until June, so I need to focus on not letting my spending creep up in other areas, so I have money to do things like travel more in 2009. I'd like to go to Florida to visit my Dad and Step mom within the next month or so and also go on a birthday trip in March (New York most likely), so I need to decrease my spending to make these first two trips happen happen.

0 comments: