Monday, August 18, 2008

Should I Go Back to School ? - Part II

I am officially a student again. I applied and got accepted into a graduate program here in DC and will soon start classes. I did not want to post about this until it was a done deal. In this previous post, I weighed some of the positive and negative points of going back to school for a graduate degree. Although I will be financing my degree with student loans, in the long run, more education will increase my earning potential and expand my skills and I expect to also gain new ones. As I have mentioned previously, I am a nerd and enjoy learning so while I expect juggling a full-time job and classes to be challenging, I believe I can do it. I plan to do updates on my progress on my classes and how going back to school will impact my finances.

4 comments:

Midwest Chick said...

Congrats!! I look forward to hearing about you going back to school. I would love to go back, but I am so worried about more debt. Good luck!

Eve said...

Congrats! Where are you doing your grad program at. I am def going to try to get some of my students in your program! I will be talking to the ninth graders on tuesday and wednesday about being involved.

MoneyMaus said...

Congrats! Grad school will certainly help you in the long run :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I just started taking graduate classes this summer while working full time - its a challenge, but it feels awesome to be in school again! I'll be applying to programs come January! Good luck!