My goals for the month are as follows:
- Stick to an exercise schedule (crunches everday, exercise dvd's three times a week, dance class at least twice this month)
- Modify monthly budget
- Transfer my phone to my name from Dad's and start paying my own bill :- (
- Get EF over $1,000
- Start a Roth IRA lump sum fund (sub ING account).
- Finish one short story
- Complete one graduate school application
- Attend at least one (career or business) networking event
- Attend the next Meet-up that Ginger at Girls Just Wanna Have Funds has because I have missed all of them so far due to schedule concflicts
Let's face it, I do better with tangible goals and belive my lack of progress this summer on all fronts (financially and otherwise) has been because I haven't taken the time to write my goals down. I've thought about them plenty, but actually writing them down is a different story. So I am remedying this now though the month has already started and will check back in September to see if I was able to cross everything off my goal list. Saving for retirement takes precedence over saving for a car since I don't really need one to maintain my current liftstyle. Instead of going to my car fund, my non-EF savings will go toward the lump amount of $3000 I will need to open up my Roth IRA (Vanguard?), a goal I'd like to achieve by March 2009.