Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Giving Up on My Quest For the Perfect (Reasonably Priced) Sandal

Why is it that when I finally decide to purchase a pair of sandals that I can't find any that I like that are a reasonable price? I saw the cutest ones in a mall in Northern Virginia yesterday, but they were almost $60 and they were just simple flat thong-style sandal (pictured to the right). It doesn't help the matter that stores don't always carry my shoe size (5 1/2). I can't bring myself to pay more than $40 for sandals when they may be dated by next summer. I guess it's just not meant to be for me to buy more summer shoes which may not be a bad thing. Oh well. Maybe the pickings were better earlier in the season.


Image: Nordtrom.com

2 comments:

Mia said...

Thanks for wishing me luck in the new city!

Sandal prices have really gone up since they became a fashion trend. I'm almost positive we'll see them again next summer.

I have the same problem you do with shoe size. It makes the shoe hunting much more difficult, but the good finds that much more victorious.

Anonymous said...

If you have trouble with shoe sizes, I'd definitely recommend trying out buying shoes online. I have really narrow feet and also didn't want to spend much money, so I looked on shoebuy.com (there are other ones as well, but I forget all their names) and searched just for shoes in the color and size I wanted. Most places even include free return shipping, so it's fairly risk free.

Finally, as always when shopping online, search for discount codes with the url of the site from which you are buying. I saved 20% off their price with a quick google search.