Monday, July 21, 2008

Poor Economy Slows Women In the Workplace

According to the recent article in the New York Times: Poor Economy Slows Women in Workplace


After moving into virtually every occupation, women are being afflicted on a large scale by the same troubles as men: downturns, layoffs, outsourcing, stagnant wages or the discouraging prospect of an outright pay cut. And they are responding as men have, by dropping out or disappearing for awhile.

As a woman, this is encouraging me to keep funneling money into my emergency fund. Like other single 20-somethings, dropping out of the workforce is not an option. I am hopeful like everyone else, that the economy will rebound, but who knows how long that will take?
Image: New York Times

2 comments:

Mia said...

I'm guessing the economic rebound date will be in late 2010, but more apparent in 2011. What's your guess?

Shen Dove said...

In my non-expert opinion: I say the earliest point in which we will see an economic rebound would be the first quarter of 2009 with the new president in office. My blog isn't politics focused - I'll leave that to all of the awesome political bloggers out there, so I won't say who I plan to vote for/want to win. But regardless of who the next president is, I believe that will have a major impact on the economy.