Wednesday, July 16, 2008

No Longer Swayed By Temptation

The old Small Budget, Big Style Chick would have been tempted to click on this coupon and buy something from Bloomingdale's ASAP simply because hey, I'm getting a deal right? $25 off at Bloomie's is great! But since It would not have even occured to me to shop, let alone shop at an expensive store like Bloomingdale's if I had not seen this coupon, it's not a deal. I have plenty of "stuff" and don't really need anymore.Any money I spend (not alloted to some bill or other commitment)would be better served in paying off some debt or adding to my savings, not shopping at Bloomingdales.I resolved not to use the particular credit card for which I received this coupon for any reason until I have a zero balance. Not being swayed by this "temptation" makes me realize maybe I am learning something about willpower through blogging...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

plus, you'd have to still spend $100 to get the $25 off...so spending $75 isn't really much of a bargain.

Shen Dove said...

Good Point! That's how these credit cards try to get you...