Thursday, July 10, 2008

Living Alone and Being Short Sometimes Sucks

I was recently given several pieces of artwork from my Dad that were in my Grandparents house (may they rest in peace). This makes me happy for two reasons: (1) I can be reminded of all of the cherished memories I have of them when I look at the walls of my apartment (2) I don’t have to spend money to adorn my walls. Even some of the ideas I outlined in this post still have a cost.

Now here is the problem: I live alone and am short, and hanging pictures is really a two person job because of my small size. Not to mention the fact that I am terrified of putting a hole in my wall by accident. I'm not too handy (though I plan to work on this), I don't even think I own a hammer... I am a little embarrassed to ask my neighbor to help me hang my pics so I’m waiting either for a relative or a friend to visit me to help me hang them.

Being tiny has its advantages but hanging art isn’t one of them…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah yes. I know the feeling...being short makes me feel useless sometimes...but then I'll just have to find a stool or chair to stand on....and then I feel useful again!

MoneyMaus said...

I am short too, so I agree with you! This is why I choose to live with male roommates - they are usually at least 6' too! :)

I own an adorable mini hammer that is pink & the bottom unscrews to reveal 2 different size screwdrivers. If only I knew where my Mom bought it for me, it's really handy!!

Shen Dove said...

Money Maus: That hammer sounds like just what I need!