Thursday, July 17, 2008

Is Your Money Safe?

The recent news coverage on IndyMac has me (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) looking for information, and wanting to be reassured that my money is safe:

If you have $100,000 or less in your name in any one bank, you have nothing to worry about. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., an independent agency of the federal government, will insure up to $100,000 per depositor per insured bank or savings association.

For more information, read this Washington Post Q & A article: What To Know About Your Accounts.

I know my assets are relatively small (but growing), but reassurance that my money is available should I need it is very important to me. I am a total news junkie, but even I am having to tune out all of this news coverage on America's failing economy. I like to be informed but not inundated...

0 comments: